Sunday 31 May 2015

Least Interesting Blog Post of All Time

*WARNING* The post that follows will not be at all intersting. It will, mercifully, be short.

Over this last week I made 10m of bunting out of fabric scraps. I made it for my daughter's birthday party this weekend... I love making bunting. It's so easy, but so effective and summer fete-y. Which is quite kitsch I suppose!! I've compromised my very own raison d'etre with 10m of bias binding and some left over fabric!




I made it by cutting out triangles, sewing their wrong sides together, turning them right sides out, pressing them and then sewing them into the fold of a long piece of shop bought bias binding.  Just one d'oh moment when I managed to miss one of the flags and just stitched the bias binding together! To fix it, I simply needed unpick the bias binind and restitch it more carefully with the flag in place.

I've also been working on the shift dress in the jersey fabric that I mentioned at the end of my previous post. It was going spiffingly until I had to add the zip. That was very hard and it might just be an in unpickable disaster! I'll return to it over the next week and let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment