Sunday 23 August 2015

Shift dress version 2.0

I drafted this post a couple of weeks ago but never got around to publishing it(hence the rather summery footwear!). Better late than never though ... Here's my second attempt at that shift dress. 

I am feeling rather pleased with myself this week. I retried the shift dress that I was so disappointed with a couple of posts ago- but this time I kept it simple with a plain cotton - and it's turned out great! I even wore it to the office. Can't tell you how huge that is. I have never worn anything I've made into work before. I got a compliment too!!!

Check it out:



 

I don't have much to say about making it. I followed the pattern exactly and it went pretty smoothly. The only downside is that the fabric isn't at all special. Just a cheap plain cotton. But that meant it was easy to work with and I wasn't scared of making mistakes. So now my confidence levels are up again and I am ready to experiment agin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment