Sunday 1 March 2015

The Big Dilemma

I had a day off on Friday. A proper day off. No toddler with chicken pox, no DIY, no spring cleaning. A day all to myself. I had been waiting for it for a very long time.  It started with a free slice of carrot cake and a cuppa at John Lewis. While I was there I decided to stock up on some hab-dash bits and bobs (whilst I pride myself on not getting suckered in by advertising, a loyalty scheme can easily part me from my money!). Anyhoo, whilst perusing the fabric I found this awesome cotton at half price. I immediately purchased 3 metres.



The initial intention was to make super cool pj bottoms for my boyfriend. It's his birthday at the end of the month - perfect right? Wrong... It's the old 'selfish sewer' dilemma. I love this print too much and I think it would make an amazeballs shift dress, so I want it for myself! How awful is that?!

I still hadn't decided by the time I got home, so I distracted myself with cushion covers instead. Check out these bold prints that I recently ordered from Fabric Rehab. They look so great together and somehow give the sofa just the right uplift in time for spring (getting side tracked here but this morning I used the washing line for the first time since we moved into our new house last autumn. I shouldn't get carried away, but summer is coming!!!) I even covered matching buttons for each cushion. Something I'd not done before, but it's really easy and it finishes the covers off really nicely.















Of course, I will end up making the pj bottoms. There's plenty of fantastic fabrics around for millions of shift dresses. Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment